Friday, April 3, 2009

Mid-way Report

Well this is the halfway point of my leave.  I am settling right in.  I ran around like crazy the first couple of days getting all the "must do" items out of the way, like eating mexican food and going shopping, and now I am just sitting around watching missed "Lost" episodes and playing video games.  Life is sweet!  I bought Julie a new computer for her birthday, so that she can keep in touch with me better, and then had to go to Ikea to buy a desk to put it on.  Poor me :).  I've been to Fort Worth and Dallas and Southlake.  I even made it to the temple last night with Julie.  Tonight we are sending the boys away and grilling expensive steak and steaming expensive shrimp and going to just have the whole night together.  On Monday, I am going to opening day at the ballpark.  It will be the first time I have ever been to opening day.  I am really looking forward to it.  In too short a time I will have to go back, but I don't like thinking about that!  For now I am just enjoying my vacation.

2 comments:

Muggy Moments said...

Josh!!!!! Just got your blog address...yea!!!! Sounds like you are enjoying your "vacation"!!!! Am so happy you have the opportunity to come home for a minute and enjoy some pleasures of life:) Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Michael said...

I'm glad you're able to enjoy your time home because before you know it, it will....
Oh, it's already been over for weeks. Oops.