Friday, March 27, 2009

LEAVE!

I am finally home sitting in the chair that I built, eating food that I made and sleeping in my own bed!  It was quite an adventure just getting here, but I made it and now I am enjoying the time off.  We bought a new computer yesterday for Julie's birthday (I know it is about a month late) and spent the day together.  I ate some really good pizza that made me depressed that I have to go back and eat army food again.  I am also being spoiled by an internet connection that instantly displays webpages and actually lets me stream videos!  I don't know what I am going to do when I go back and have to deal with the slower than dial-up speeds there.  I am going to try to take advantage of this though and add some pictures and videos to my blog that I haven't been able to do before.  

It is nice being home and seeing my family again.  Boys grow fast and they changed a lot in the 5 months since I saw them last.  It hasn't been too hard to get used to being here though.  My only previous experience in this regard was my mission and two years away is a lot longer than 5 months.  There are changes, but not as many.  It hasn't been quite the shock that I was anticipating.  The shock will come when I get home in the fall and have to go back to work!  

It hasn't been all good though.  I blew the engine in my mustang as I was driving down the freeway last night.  I think the head gasket blew.  I am not too worried because the is plenty of time to get it fixed before I come home for good, but I had decided that I wasn't going to be able to get a new engine when I got home and now I am going to have to reconsider that.  It might be a good thing in the long run.  

Well, I have another day full of fun things planned today so I better get going.  I might not say much the rest of the time I am home, so don't be disappointed if I don't post anything else for a couple of weeks.  I think you can understand!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Welcome home Josh!

Jenni said...

Welcome home. The good news is that you have a really good mechanic! :)

Michael said...

Well, the engine deal isn't all bad. Well, for the rest of us anyway. Julie, for some unknown reason, has been extraordinarily territorial in the two days you've been home. If you hadn't needed a ride, who knows when she'd have let any of us see you!
We're glad you're back for a couple of weeks and look forward to a full return later.
Maybe there's some federal bailout money available to cover engine repairs?