Sunday, July 19, 2009

The World is Off My Shoulders

I helped our replacements get the truck ready for tonight's mission and then sent them on their own way!  They won't get back for at least four days.  I am officially done with combat operations!!!!!  Now I just have to sit in the heat for a few more days before we catch our flight out of here.  I feel so light and I really miss home.  It will still be three weeks before I can actually come home, but I'm one big step closer.  As of now, August 8th is the target date to be released.  Hopefully it's sooner than that!

3 comments:

John + Bethany said...

That's great! Stay safe and I hope your traveling goes well. I'm sure your family will be so happy to have you home!

Michael said...

It will be great to have you back home! The monsters, er, boys, need you here. Don't forget to join a VFW hall and get one of them hats!

Jenni said...

Looking forward to seeing you soon then.